The Family Business Center of Pioneer Valley is proud to be a training provider with the Workforce Training Fund Express Grant. You could get back half the tuition/member dues*
- if your company has 100 or fewer employees
- if you're in compliance with the state tax department
- if you can fill out a pretty straightforwad application
For more information on the Workforce Training Fund Express Grant
- go to http://workforcetrainingfund.org/programs/express-program/
- to find course listing, click on "Training Directory"
- click on region: Western Mass
- type into "Provider Name" Family Business Center of Pioneer Valley
- click on the hyperlinked course name, to get more info
- full level member is training course #1109636, or
- start-up company, special offer (3 years or less, 5 employees or fewer) training course #1112617
Link to the online application (supposedly 30 minutes to complete):
You need Certificate of Good Standing to be approved
- It's much faster to get this online, than on paper
- Do this asap, in case you have tax issues to resolve (that you may not realize)
- Here's the link (Mass Tax Connect; you may need to sign up for this online service, or have your tax preparer give you access)
Our course name and number remain the same from year to year
- full membership is training course 109636
- start-up company is training course 1112617
- companies can reapply and be approved for subsequent years, as each year's syllabus is different
- what we refer to as a year of membership is known to the Workforce Training Fund Express Grant as a training year
- you must apply and be approved for each training year before you begin training. Make sure of the time periods of each training year (check with Ira Bryck (413) 835-0810 or email@example.com). Plan on up to 6 weeks to be approved, after applying
There are 2 levels of membership approved for this grant: full member and start-up company
- Note the member fee due to the FBCPV
- the amount approved by the WTFEG (meal cost not covered)
- and amount reimbursed by the grant
- Full Member
- Due FBCPV $2800 per year
- Tuition portion, without meal cost $2600*
- Reimbursement = 50% of tuition: $1300
- Net cost of full member year, after reimbursement: $1500
- Course title and number: Developing as a Leader of Your Family/ Closely Held Company (course 1109636)
- Start-up company (3 or fewer years in business, and 5 or fewer employees, including owners)
- SPECIAL PRICE TO COME TO YOUR CHOICE OF 3 OF THE 6 DINNER FORUMS EACH YEAR
- Due FBCPV $1400 per year
- Tuition portion, without meal cost $1300*
- Reimbursement = 50% of tuition: $650
- Net cost of full member year, after reimbursement: $750
- Course title and number: Developing as a Leader of Your Family/ Closely Held Company START UP COMPANY SPECIAL OFFER” (course 1112617)
The roundtable discussion groups are not covered by this grant.
LARGE FINE PRINT
- You need to apply and be approved for this grant BEFORE you begin each training year.
- You can pay the FBCPV in advance of the beginning of training.
- If you didn't do this correctly, and are a couple of meetings in, we can work it out, by having you pay pro rata for the part of your member year that has passed, and start a new member year, using the WTF Express Grant, but applying and being approved before you start training).
- If you didn't apply, and are now looking to be reimbursed at the end of your paid-up year, sorry to say there's nothing to be done. You can, however, apply for the grant at the beginning of your next year.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact: Ira Bryck at (413) 835-0810 or at the Workforce Training Fund, contact Megan Kelly at 617-717-6903 or firstname.lastname@example.org